Category Theory 2023
In July 2023 the International Category Theory Conference will take place at the Université catholique de Louvain.
We have six invited speakers who will each give a 50-minute lecture, and slots for 25-minute contributed talks. We also have the option of presenting a poster. Contributions on all aspects of category theory, pure and applied, are welcome.
The conference will take place entirely on site.
Sunday to Saturday
2–8 July 2023
A 50-minute plenary lecture will be given by
- George Janelidze, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Steve Lack, Macquarie University, Australia
- Vanessa Miemietz, University of East Anglia, United Kingdom
- Paolo Perrone, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Luca Reggio, University College London, United Kingdom
- Christina Vasilakopoulou, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Category Theory 2023 is organised by
- Richard Garner
- Sandra Mantovani (Chair)
- Jorge Picado
- Emily Riehl
- Giuseppe Rosolini
- Walter Tholen
- Tim Van der Linden
- Carine Baras
- Federico Campanini
- Marino Gran
- Julia Ramos González
- Tim Van der Linden
- Joost Vercruysse
- Enrico Vitale
Category Theory 2023 will be held at UCLouvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.
Auditoires des Sciences, UCLouvain
The lectures will take place in rooms Georges Lemaître-A.10 (plenary sessions) and A.02 and A.03 (parallel sessions) at the Auditoires des Sciences building, place des Sciences 2, Louvain-la-Neuve.
Here are some important dates and deadlines to keep in mind.
- 1 February 2023 Submission of abstracts opens
- 31 March 2023 Deadline for abstract submission
- 30 April 2023 Acceptance of abstracts is announced
- 10 May 2023 Deadline for registration
- 2 July 2023 Start of the conference
Here are some places to stay in Louvain-la-Neuve. Please be aware that accommodation in Louvain-la-Neuve is limited, so it makes sense to book as soon as possible. Alternatively, it may be convenient to stay in Wavre or in Brussels.
Le Relais is a student house, where we could reserve a very limited number of rooms of various kinds, with prices starting from around €35 per night (no breakfast). For further information, please contact Laila Dawdi. To book, fill out the booking form and mention the code CT2023. We pre-booked 16 rooms until the 1st of June.