Options and optional subjects
(i) professional options reserved for students doing a professional focus (and to open students doing a teaching focus);
(ii) the Advanced Economic Analysis option reserved for students doing a research focus;
(iii) the other options;
(iv) optional subjects open to all students, irrespective of their focuses.
(i) PROFESSIONAL OPTIONS (30 CREDITS)
These options of 30 credits are compulsory for students doing a professional option. Students must choose one of the following eight professional options:
1. Cycles, Growth and Globalisation (UCL in Louvain-la-Neuve)
2. Development Economics (FUNDP in Namur)
3. Financial Economics (UCL in Louvain-la-Neuve and FUNDP in Namur)
4. Political Economy, Norms and Institutions. (UCL in Louvain-la-Neuve)
5. Public Economics and Social Policies (UCL in Louvain-la-Neuve)
6. Political Economy (FUNDP in Namur)
7. Economics of Business Strategies and Innovation (UCL in Louvain-la-Neuve)
8. European Business (UCL in Louvain-la-Neuve)
Note: students doing a teaching focus may also include a professional option of 30 credits in their programme.
(ii) ADVANCED ECONOMIC ANALYSIS I OPTION (15 CREDITS)
Students doing a research focus are strongly recommended to take the Advanced Economic Analysis I option (15 credits), which is only available to them: it will give them the opportunity of applying the most advanced methods of analysis to particular sectors of the economy.
(iii) OTHER OPTIONS
The following options are open to students, irrespective of which focus they have chosen.
o Introduction to Specialisation (15 credits)
o Additional Specialisation (15 credits)
o Quantitative Methods (15 credits)
o Professional Foreign Languages (15 credits)
o Languages and International Outlook (15 credits)
(iv) OPTIONAL SUBJECTS
Depending on their other choices, students may make up their programme with one or several subjects from the list of optional subjects (see the detailed list).