November 26-28, 2018, Antwerp, Belgium
We hereby extend a cordial invitation to submit a proposal to our Third International Conference on Language Education and Testing, which will be held at Antwerp University (Belgium), from 26 to 28 November 2018. The theme of this year’s conference is “Language Education and Emotions”. Its aim is to bring together scholars from all over the world to share their interest in the role and place of emotions in language learning and teaching.
As a researcher, practitioner or policy maker, you can attest to the close connection between language education and emotions, both in learners and teachers. These affective factors influence their perceptions and behavior, and finally also the learning outcomes.
Research into the influence of emotions in language education is not new, but is still evolving. The conference will provide an overview of the scientific status quo in the field of Language Education and Emotions. Secondly, it will identify the challenges our research is confronted with. This will allow us to build a research agenda for the future.
“Language Education and Emotions” will address a wide range of topics relating to affective factors in language learning, centering on:
- Emotions and the Language Learner: e.g. foreign language anxiety, self-esteem, motivation, willingness to communicate, inhibition, autonomy
- Emotions and the Language Teacher: e.g. self-efficacy, motivation, empathy
- Emotions and the Teaching and Learning Process: e.g. language teaching methods, approaches in language teaching, learning materials/ tools, CALL, evaluation
Please, submit your proposal before June 1st, 2018 on the conference website: http://www.uantwerpen.be/en/conferences/language-education-and-emotions/
The keynote speakers at the conference are:
– Jane Arnold Morgan (University of Seville; author of Affect in Language Learning);
– Jean-Marc Dewaele (Birkbeck, University of London; author of Emotions in Multiple Languages);
– One paper will be selected as plenary presentation.
We hope you will be able to join us and our plenary speakers, and look forward to welcoming you in Antwerp in November!
On behalf of the organizing committee,