The third Vocab@ conference will be hosted by KU Leuven from 1 to 3 July 2019.
Previous Vocab@ conferences were held at Meiji Gakuin University in Tokyo in 2016 and Victoria University Wellington in 2013.
The Vocab@Leuven conference aims to bring together researchers from different disciplines who investigate the learning, processing, teaching, and testing of second/foreign language vocabulary.
Confirmed plenary speakers:
Batia Laufer (University of Haifa)
Marc Brysbaert (Ghent University)
Maribel Montero Perez
We will invite abstracts for paper and poster presentations about any topic related to second/foreign language vocabulary:
– vocabulary teaching (classroom-based research, technology-based, formal/informal learning, …)
– vocabulary assessment
– vocabulary and the skills of reading, listening, TV viewing, writing and speaking
– formulaic language
– corpus approaches to vocabulary
– psycholinguistic approaches to vocabulary
– neurolinguistic approaches to vocabulary
– vocabulary for specialized use (academic, business, technical, etc.)
– vocabulary resources (word lists, dictionaries, …)
– vocabulary and genre/register
Types of presentations will include:
– individual paper (20 + 10 minutes)
Submission deadline will be: December 15, 2018
Website : https://vocabatleuven.wordpress.com