- Core subjects worth 30 credits, including the dissertation (20 credits), a course on corporate social responsibility (5 credits) as well as a seminar on topical issues in economics and management (5 credits).
- A professional focus worth 30 credits, with in-depth study of the distinctive disciplines of the engineer: quantitative methods, technology, information systems, innovation and project management. The professional focus also includes a work placement (10 credits) which may be linked to an issue dealt with in the dissertation.
- Two option courses worth 15 credits, each made up of three courses. These option courses enable students to specialise in one or two fields of management, either in a particular discipline or in a multidisciplinary field. Certain option courses are entirely or partly in English whilst others are only in French. The language of the course title indicates the language of instruction. Students may take any of the option courses which are available at the campuses of the Louvain School of Management : Louvain-la-Neuve and Mons. In all, over 20 different option courses are available to students in business engineering at the Louvain School of Management.
- An international exchange worth 30 credits, during which students have the opportunity to take courses in one of the 130 universities who are partners of the Louvain School of Management. Students who do not wish to go abroad may instead take an option course worth 15 credits and 3 courses worth 5 credits each.
The first year of the Master's degree is devoted exclusively to courses in the professional focus and the core subjects, in addition to the two option courses. In the second year, students may do their international exchange in the first semester as the second semester is devoted to the work placement and the dissertation.
The Louvain School of Management also provides students on the 120 hours Masters programmes four different areas of training which can be accessed after they have been selected:
- Community of European Management Schools (CEMS ) Master in International Management (MIM)
The Louvain School of Management is the sole partner in Belgium of this network which, for the last few years, has brought together the best European management schools and various partners from outside Europe.
This elite programme is designed to train future leaders of multinational and global companies.
- Inter-faculty programme : Creation of Small and Medium Enterprises (CPME - Création des Petites et Moyennes Entreprises)
This programme brings together students from different faculties at UCL and provides them with the analytical tools to help them understand business processes, start or take on businesses of different kinds and to develop business projects within existing organisations.
- International Business programme (IB)
This programme is designed for students who wish to pursue an international career. Through an exchange of courses and a 6-month work placement abroad in a multinational company, it promotes an open-minded approach, intercultural awareness, adaptability and pro-activity, all of which are vital for work in an international context.
- Double degree
By gaining 60 credits from courses at UCL, 60 credits from one of the following partner universities and a dissertation worth 20 credits common to both institutions, students are awarded two degrees, one from the Catholic University of Louvain and the other from the partner university:
If you hold a second cycle university degree or a Bachelor degree equivalent to the Business Engineering degree (i.e. minimum 240 credits), you can access directly the second year of the master 120 in Business Engineering. This program will include, depending on the credits accorded, a minimum of 60 and a maximum of 75 credits. For further information ->