It was a very rewarding Linguists’ Day of the Linguistic Society of Belgium at the Brussels campus of KU Leuven.
Best presentation award 2019: one award winner and three special mentions.
- Arne Dhondt (Universiteit Gent). « De Algemene Nederlandse Spraakkunst als pluricentrische referentiegrammatica: een conceptueel-methodologische reflectie »
- Violeta Gutierrez Figueroa (UC Louvain). « Vers un traitement automatique des conflits sur les réseaux sociaux numériques: analyse des constructions identitaires à travers les actes de parole »
- Frédéric Tomas (Université Paris 8). « A stylometric analysis of lexical diversity and word length for deception detection »
- Louise Raynaud (Georg-August Universität Göttingen). « French reflexives in causative constructions »
The annual Linguists’ Day of the LSB (Linguistic Society of Belgium) will be organized this year on Thursday 13 June at KU Leuven, Brussels Campus (Stormstraat 2, 1000 Brussels).
Abstracts are invited for 20 minute talks (plus 10 min. discussion) on any linguistic topic. Abstracts can be in one of the three national languages (Dutch, French, German), or in English. They should be anonymous, no longer than 500 words at most (without references), and indicate subject, objectives, data, method, and results.
Abstracts can be submitted until Wednesday 1 May 2019 at midnight to: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bklclb2019springmeet.
You will receive notification of acceptance by 1 June 2019.
Attendance is free of charge. If you want to give a lecture you must be a member of the LSB. This means that you have to be registered on the website and have paid your contribution as soon as possible, and before 10 June at the latest.
PhD students can compete for the Best Paper Presentation Award. If you wish to take part, please mention this in your abstract.
Lunch will be available in the student restaurant Mineen of the T’Serclaes building. No cash payments are accepted, so please bring a card! We also kindly ask you to fill out the form below and indicate what you would like to eat: https://forms.gle/Zaikj6M2M3ED7uHW7
Please do so by 10 June at the latest; after that registration for lunch will close.
How to get there
The easiest way of reaching the venue is by going to the Brussels Central railway station (which you can reach by train or by subway). Find the ticket hall and leave the station through there. Turn right onto beige tarmac (which is situated in the middle of the road) and walk straight ahead. Where the central walkway ends, turn left onto Stormstraat. The KU Leuven campus is located at the bend in the road, on the right hand side.
– 1 May 2019: abstract submission deadline
– 1 June 2019: notification of acceptance
– 10 June 2019: registration for lunch
– 13 June 2019: Linguists’ Day
Guido Vanden Wyngaerd
Timothy Colleman (UGent), Bert Cornillie (KU Leuven), Walter Daelemans (UAntwerpen), Philippe De Brabanter (ULB), Sabine De Knop (USL), Gert De Sutter (UGent), Patrick Dendale (UAntwerpen), Thomas François (UCLouvain), Alex Housen (VUB), Marie-Aude Lefer (UCLouvain), Nicolas Mazziotta (ULiège), Tanja Mortelmans (UAntwerpen), Julien Perrez (ULiège), Benedikt Szmrecsanyi (KU Leuven), Martina Temmerman (VUB), An Van linden (ULiège), Guido Vanden Wyngaerd (KU Leuven), Gudrun Vanderbauwhede (UMons)