Software Engineering and programming Systems [30.0]
Students who have completed the "Software engineering and programming systems" option, will be able to:
- Understand and explain the problems encountered when engineering large software projects, as well as the critical impact of the solutions chosen throughout the entire software life cycle (problems related to construction, validation, documentation, communication or project management involving big teams as well as the cost and deadlines to respect).
- Choose and apply the appropriate methods and tools to engineer complex software systems that satisfy strict quality criteria: reliability, adaptability, evolutionarity, performance, security, usability, ...
- Model products and processes necessary to obtain such systems and to analyse these methods.
- Develop and implement programmes to analyse, transforme and optimise of complex date representations.
- Use wisely different programming paradigms and languages, and functional, object-oriented and distributed programming in particular for a given problem.
- Understand the differences between various models of concurrent and distributed programming and to be able to use the appropriate model.
- Define new programming languages (syntax and semantics) appropriate to solve problems in a specific domain.
|Courses not taught this academic year||Periodic courses not taught this academic year|
|Periodic courses taught this academic year||Two year courses|
Click on the course code to see detailed informations (objectives, methods, evaluation...)
L'étudiant sélectionne 30 crédits .
Compulsory courses in Software Engineering and Programming Systems25 credits among
| LSINF2224||Programming methods ||Charles Pecheur||30h + 15h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
| LINGI2252||Software Engineering : Measures and Maintenance ||Kim Mens||30h + 15h ||5credits ||1q ||x||x|
| LINGI2339||Abstract interpretation ||N.||30h + 15h ||5credits ||1q ||x||x|
| LSINF2345||Languages and algorithms for distributed applications ||Peter Van Roy||30h + 15h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
| LINGI2355||Software requirements & architecture ||Axel Van Lamsweerde||30h + 15h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
Elective courses in Software Engineering and Programming Systems
The student shall select 1 course from amongst
| LSINF2172||Database design ||N.||30h + 30h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
| LSINF2335||Programming paradigms : theory, practice and applications ||Kim Mens||30h + 15h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
| LSINF2356||Human-computer interaction ||Jean Vanderdonckt||30h + 15h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
| LSINF2382||Computer supported collaborative work ||Jean Vanderdonckt||30h + 15h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
| LINGI2143||Concurrent systems : models and analysis ||Charles Pecheur||30h + 15h ||5credits ||1q ||x||x|
| LINGI2264||Automated reasoning ||Charles Pecheur||30h + 15h ||5credits ||1q ||x||x|
| LINGI2346||Distributed application design ||Marc Lobelle||30h + 15h ||5credits ||1q ||x||x|
| LINGI2365||Constraint programming ||Yves Deville||30h + 15h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
| LINMA2111||Discrete mathematics II : Algorithms and complexity
||Vincent Blondel||30h + 22.5h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
| LINGI2144||Secured systems engineering ||Gildas Avoine||30h + 15h ||5credits ||1q ||x||x|