Networking and Security [30.0]
Students who have completed the "Networking and security" option will be able to :
- Understand and explain the various devices and protocols used in computer networks.
- Design, configure and manage computer networks by taking into account the needs of the application.
- Identify the major classes of distributed and parallel applications, the problems involved and the appropriate solutions.
- Create distributed applications by putting in practice the appropriate means and techniques.
- Understand the characteristics of distributed systems: parallelism, synchronisation, communication, synchronisation, models of misconduct and threats.
- Use techniques, algorithms and dedicated languages to design, model and analyse distributed applications.
- Understand and implement the mechanisms (cryptography, protocols, ...) to secure networks and distributed systems.
|Courses not taught this academic year||Periodic courses not taught this academic year|
|Periodic courses taught this academic year||Two year courses|
Click on the course code to see detailed informations (objectives, methods, evaluation...)
The student shall select 30 credits from amongst
Compulsory courses in Networking and Security25 credits among
| LINGI2142||Computer networks: configuration and management ||Olivier Bonaventure||30h + 30h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
| LINGI2143||Concurrent systems : models and analysis ||Charles Pecheur||30h + 15h ||5credits ||1q ||x||x|
| LINGI2144||Secured systems engineering ||Gildas Avoine||30h + 15h ||5credits ||1q ||x||x|
| LINGI2346||Distributed application design ||Marc Lobelle||30h + 15h ||5credits ||1q ||x||x|
| LINGI2347||Computer system security ||Gildas Avoine||30h + 15h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
Elective courses in Networking and Security
The student shall select one course from amongst
| LINGI2315||Design of Embedded and real-time systems ||Jean-Didier Legat, Marc Lobelle||30h + 30h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
| LINGI2348||Information theory and coding ||Jérôme Louveaux, Benoît Macq (coord.), Olivier Pereira||30h + 15h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
| LSINF2345||Languages and algorithms for distributed applications ||Peter Van Roy||30h + 15h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|
| LMAT2450||Cryptography ||Olivier Pereira||30h + 15h ||5credits ||1q ||x||x|
| LINMA2470||Discrete stochastic models
||Philippe Chevalier||30h + 22.5h ||5credits ||2q ||x||x|