Decree of March 31st 2004 defining higher education and favoring the integration of higher education and university refinancing in the European area)
The admission conditions must be fulfilled at the time of enrolment at university
Subject to other specific legal provisions and in the vision of obtaining the academic degree intended, those who have access to first cycle studies are those who possess:
- A certificate of secondary higher education received no later than the 1993-1994 academic year by an establishment of full-time secondary education or social advancement of the French community and sanctioned by the committee set up for this purpose, as well as recipients from the 1994 calendar year by the Jury of the French Community.
- A certificate of secondary higher education received no later than the 1993-1994 academic year accompanied by a diploma of ability to access to first cycle studies for long-term studies.
- A diploma delivered by an establishment of higher education by the French community sanctioning an academic degree, whether a diploma issued by a university institution or an establishment organizing superior education for a full year of previous legislation.
- A diploma issued by an establishment of higher education of the French community meriting an academic grade, whether issued by a university institution or an establishment organizing a full-year of previous higher education.
- A higher education certificate issued by a higher education establishment of social promotion.
- Proof of success on one of the admissions exams organized by the establishments of higher education or by a jury of the French community and whose programs are approved by the Government after consultation according to the sector; of the Inter-university Council of the French community (CIUF) or by the General Council of High Education (CGHE); this proof gives access to studies in the sector or domain that it indicated.
- A diploma or certificate of studies similar to those mentioned above, issued by the Flemish Community, (this certificate does not allow exemption from the exam of the mastery of the French language) by the German-speaking community, or by the Royal Military School.
- A foreign diploma or certificate recognizing the equivalent to those mentioned above
Equivalency applications must be submitted before July 15th, 2013, at the Service of equivalencies of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the French Community of Belgium.
Note: The two following titles are automatically recognized as equivalents to a higher, secondary education certificate (CESS)
- European baccalaureate issued by the Higher Council of the European School
- baccalaureate issued by the International Baccalaureate Office of Geneva
These titles, however, do not include exemption from the exam of the mastery of the French language
- A diploma of ability to access higher education (DAES) confirmed by the jury of the French community.
Exam of mastery of the French language
No student can be approved for first-year studies without proof of successful completion of the Sufficient mastery of the French language.
Further information can be obtained at the Office of the Registrar.
>> Programme of studies:list of bachelor's by faculty
>> Register at UCL