Module 1 – Introduction/basics principles of Toxicology :
Completed in 2019
|This course is recognized by EUROTOX as ERT course for Core topic B1 : Principles of Toxicology, corresponding to 40 teaching hours with the topic see : http://www.eurotox.com/courses-for-ert/ert-courses/|
- Tools in toxicology
- In vitro experimental toxicology
- In vivo experimental toxicology
- Human toxicology
- Environmental toxicology
- Target organs/systems of toxicity through practical exercises
Module 3 – Regulatory Toxicology of Chemicals:
Completed in 2019
- Hazard identification and characterization of the dose-response
- Hazard identification and communication
- Exposure assessment
- Risk Management: main principles and hierarchy of risk management measures
- Examples of frameworks
- Regulatory Toxicology and society
Module 4 – In vitro toxicology (in collaboration with ESTIV)
25-30 October 2020
|This course is recognized by EUROTOX as ERT course for Core topic B19 : In Vitro Testing Methods, corresponding to 22 teaching hours with the topic see : http://www.eurotox.com/courses-for-ert/ert-courses/|
- European legislative framework and international guidelines for in vitro toxicity testing of chemicals.
- Use and validation of 3R-alternative methods in Europe.
- In vitro methods for assessing cytotoxicity, skin sensitization, skin/eye irritation/corrosion, immunotoxicity, genotoxicity, carcinogenicity and developmental toxicity.
- Development and application of cell lines, organ-specific models, tridimensional and reconstructed models, bioreactors and stem cell models in in vitro toxicology.
- Use of “omics”-based methods in in vitro toxicology.
- Good in vitro method practices/good cell culture practice.
- In vitro kinetics and in vitro-in vivo extrapolation.
- In vitro aspects of pathway-based toxicology.
- Non-animal testing technologies and strategies used for chemical hazard and
- risk assessment in Europe.
- Hands-on training on skin and eye irritation testing in vitro.