The 120 Master's degree in Management includes the following four elements:
- Core subjects worth 30 credits
This core curriculum includes the master's thesis (20 credits) as well as an internship (10 credits) which may be linked to an issue dealt with in the master's thesis.
- A professional focus worth 30 credits
In-depth study of the distinctive disciplines of the management: strategy, finance, management accounting, marketing, human resources.
A research focus worth 30 credits
including a basic epistemological training and a choice of courses in research methodologies in Management.
- A major worth 30 credits
Spread in two parts, it enables the student to specialise in one of the management field (Marketing, Strategy and Organisation, Finanace, Audit,...). The student has access to majors offered on the two sites of the Louvain School of Management : Louvain-la-Neuve and Mons.
> Detailed description (target, career opportunities,...) of the majors offered in the master in management.
- An exchange of 30 credits or an option and LSM courses worth 30 credits
For the Annual Block 2, the student has the opportunity to either follow courses in one of the 145 partners universities of the Louvain School of Management or to persue Students who do not wish to go abroad may instead take an option course worth 15 credits and 3 courses worth 5 credits each.
Please note that, depending on your academic background, teaching units (= prerequisite courses) could be added to your master programme.
Five different areas of training accessible after selection which will give a real asset into your CV:
The CEMS Master's in International Management - CEMS MIM
The Louvain School of Management is the sole partner in Belgium of this network which, for the last few years, has brought together the best European management schools and various partners from outside Europe.
Interdisciplinary programme in Entrepreneurship - CPME (https://uclouvain.be/fr/etudier/cpme)
This programme brings together students from different faculties at UCL and provides them with the analytical tools to help them understand business processes, start or take on businesses of different kinds and to develop business projects within existing organisations.
International Business programme - IB
This programme is designed for students who wish to pursue an international career. By combining a preparatory major dedicated to this programme, courses taken on exchange and a 6-month work placement abroad in a multinational company, it promotes an open-minded approach, intercultural awareness, adaptability and pro-activity, all of which are vital for work in an international context.
Double Degree - DD & DDD (https://uclouvain.be/en/faculties/lsm/double-degree.html)
By accumulating 60 course credits at the Louvain School of Management, around 40 course credits at the partner university DD and a joint master's thesis to both universities for 20 credits, the students acquire two master degrees, one delivered by the LSM and the other by the partner university :
- Universität zu Köln (Cologne, Germany)
- Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration (Bergen, Norway)
- Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (Lisbon, Portugal)
- University of Economics Prague (Czech Republic)
- Vytautas Magnus University (Kaunas, Lithuania)
- Aix-Marseille Université (Aix-Marseille, France)
- KU Leuven (Leuven, Belgium)
- Instituto Superior Técnico - Technical University of Lisbon (Lisbon, Portugal)
A "Dedicated Double Degree", DDD focus on Environmental issues and Supply Chain Management, exclusively offered by LSM and NHH.
The Master in Management, "Financial Management Track" with a double degree LSM-ICHEC (https://uclouvain.be/facultes/lsm/track-financial-management.html)
- Holders of a second cycle university degree comprising at least 45 credits of Master level courses equivalent to the Master in Management can obtain, in 1 year, the Master 120 credits in Management. Depending on the value of the credits granted, this program will include a minimum of 60 credits and a maximum of 75 credits. (https://uclouvain.be/277582)
- Holders of a LSM Master Degree in Business Engineering 120 (or Master in Management 120) with a Professional Focus, may acquire the Master's degree with a research focus by following the Reserach Focus 30-credit programme.
For a programme-type, and regardless of the focus, options/or elective courses selected, this master will carry a minimum of 120 credits divided over two annual units, corresponding to 60 credits each.