1. A profile of the graduate
The Master 60 in Management prepares the graduate to meet the challenge of becoming a socially responsible professional with a global overview of the management professions.
The Master 60 in Management is a programme that develops the basic skills and expertise necessary for management functions in public or private, national or international, commercial or non-commercial organisations.
A student who registers for this programme already has a first university Master’s degree in a field other than management, or a university Bachelor’s degree in management. This Master’s programme allows him to either expand his skills in management functions or refine them by incorporating an academic approach, a reflective view and critical detachment.
At the end of this programme, the graduate will be:
He is capable of implementing socially responsible management practices in private or public organisations.
- He will have assimilated basic management theories and concepts for efficient, expert use in a future professional environment;
- He is capable of determining the complex and varied issues that commercial or non-commercial organisations encounter in management fields.
- He is capable of locating organisations in their socio-economic and institutional context, understanding the interdependences between the organisation and the environment and translating them into management decisions;
- He will have developed basic skills in all key management functions.
Aware of the responsibility inherent to his profession, the graduate will have acquired the mindset of a critical participant, capable of making decisions in organisational environments by putting ethical and socially responsible management values at the centre of his concerns. He will have adopted an approach of continuous development that will allow him to be a professional demonstrating flexibility, capable of adapting and evolving positively in his environment.
2. The competency framework
At the end of this programme, the graduate is capable of:
The exit profile of the Master 60 in Management Sciences graduate is specified by the LSM competency framework, with in particular:
- an academic education centred on management training, with an overall approach to management functions;
- priority given to the following skills:
- Acting as a socially responsible participant,
- Mastering knowledge,
- Acting in an interface role, making use of his professional experience;
- a possibility of developing some of these skills in greater depth through his choice of optional courses and thesis.