Mobility and/or Internationalisation outlook

trad2m  2017-2018  Louvain-la-Neuve

Students of the Masters in Translation may carry out an Erasmus+ study period.
The exchange study period will ideally take place during the first term in the second year of the master.

During the academic exchange , students should take 30 course credits in another university in Belgium or overseas and may receive a grant (Belgica, Erasmus+, Mercator) depending upon availability.

Master in translation students must carry out a three-month, full time internship in a company in Belgium or overseas (the language spoken on the internship will be one of the two languages studied). The internship will take place in the second term of the second year of the Master. When students undertake their internships overseas, they may receive an Erasmus+ or Mercator grant.
Students of the Masters in Translation may enrol on the METS (Master Européen en Traduction Spécialisée (METS). The European Master in Specialised Translation offers second year master students a year of specialisation and cross-cultural professionalisation in the form of an original programme guaranteed by the 11 consortium partners’ “quality requirement” criteria. The objective is to enable students to refine their specialised, professional skills in Europe and to enrich their academic career with a view to better integrating into the international employment market:

METS students carry out their internship within the METS framework or substitute their internship with courses.

Various FIAL partnerships: go to (


Practical information for arriving FIAL students : (
For more information :

Practical information for departing FIAL students : (
For more information :

Periods of study abroad for students pursuing a teaching focus must take place in the second term of the first block or the first term of the second block. All teaching focus classes must be taken at UCL, however.