The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
Course activities cover the following:
- Construction of grammatically correct sentences (orally and in writing)
- Exercises on new vocabulary in class
- Comprehension of a video conversation between Chinese people
- Group discussion on everyday topics
- Reading long texts on everyday topics
- Reading aloud short texts
- Development of vocabulary of synonyms and antonyms
- Talking and writing about an event in the past
- Creating short talks
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
|By the end of the course, the student should have acquired:
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Audiovisual method
Each lesson comprises a mini-scenario presenting the theme of the lesson and the grammar. The lessons also include listening comprehensions of increasing speed.
The grammar point covered are complex and essential for understanding more challenging texts and conversations.
Each 4-hour lesson is made up as follows:
- 40% oral,
- 60% written work.
- Active learning and memorization of ideograms has to be done at home.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.
- General revision at the end of the year.
- Q1 test (partial written exam) represents 2 points of the final mark.
- Final exam:
7 points (oral),
9 points (written)
Exceptional case: if the student cannot take the Q1 test, with a valid justification, the written part will correspond to 11 points of the final mark.
- Continuous assessment : 2 points of the final mark.
- Learners have to obtain 10/20 to be admitted to the elementary level II
- The teacher can be consulted during her office hours during the whole academic year.
- Non-UCL students who take the end-of-year exam may ask for an ILV certificate.
- A2 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Un syllabus reprenant les idéogrammes du cours et
- le syllabus du cours comprenant :
Le vocabulaire et les idéogrammes de la semaine
Des exercices de vocabulaire
Des exercices de grammaire
Des exercices de lecture et de traduction
Les textes étudiés
Les devoirs hebdomadaires