The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this teaching unit, the student will be able to :
UNDERSTAND (reading comprehension - listening comprehension)
> Level B2
> Level B1
> Level B1
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- developing the student's receptive skills by the input of written and spoken texts ;
- developing the student's ability to express his point of view and speak about a chosen subject in public ;
- developing the student's writing skills by the redaction of formal letters and summaries of films ;
- broadening the student's knowledge and view of the Dutch culture by the organization of two excursions to Flanders
The more general vocabulary and the field-related vocabulary will be presented in written as well as audio texts used to exercise the reading and listening comprehension techniques .
The vocabulary and the typical structures of the Dutch language will be revised, extended and tested by means of self-tuition in a Reading Portfolio and on the Moodle e-learning Platform. Some techniques of communication will be exercised by means of written and oral production exercise (role plays, presentations)
- Continuous assessment in quadrimester I and II : 10 %
- Written test at the end of each quadrimester : code, reading and listening comprehension, writing : 60 %
- oral exam : at the end of quadrimester II : 15 %
- Oral presentation at the end of quadrimester II : 15 %
- Training staff : classes in group of 20-25 students
- The teacher is available during his office hours and can be contacted by email
- Workload : 60h classroom hours - 30 self-tuition hours
- Syllabus LNEER1810
- Plate-forme d'auto-apprentissage Moodle
- Dossier de lecture accompagné d'exercices et mini-grammaire