This biannual learning unit is being organized in 2017-2018
Alternately with LGLOR1531, this course deals with the following themes:
- pre-Islamic poetry;
- philology and adab;
- historical literature;
- geographical literature;
- fringe poetry and neo-classicism;
- encyclopaedism and the organisation of knowledge;
- popular literature.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this course, the student will acquire some formal knowledge of the referential background. He will be initiated to the scientific approach in the field of modern studies, and will acquire the heuristic skill of using the main instruments for the study of this domain (dictionaries, encyclopaedias, bibliographies, monographs and articles, on-line resources). He will be able to carry out personal research on definite topics in this field, and to write an essay of limited dimensions on one aspect of the history of Arabic literature.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- une bibliographie d'orientation étendue;
- les modalités relatives au travail de recherche;
- des articles et parties de monographies ou d'ouvrages collectifs, dont la lecture est imposée comme préalable aux séances.