The seminar starts with an in-depth and detailed discussion on the research methods in social sciences:
Method of synthesis of the literature
definition of complex concepts,
building of indicators,
Each stage is considered according to three big approach data analysis: the statistical approach for the quantitative data stemming from big inquiries; the qualitative approach for the narrative data stemming from detailed conversations, from focuses group or from the participating observation; the mixed approach.
Around themes of (research) chosen by the students as their memoryfinal report of research, the workshop teaches the students to:
- acquire a critical approach to scientific literature
- define research questions based on the scientific literature
- build conceptual frameworks
- study thoroughly a population issue
- improve their capacities in written and oral scientific communication.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.