Graduate School in Systems,
Optimization, Control and Networks
Registration : here
Graduate School Courses in 2018-2019
All courses are eligible for ECTS
Prof. M. Elarbi Achhab ( Université Chouaïb Doukkali, El Jadida, Morocco)
Prof. Massih-Reza Amini ( Université Grenoble Alpes)
Prof. Gabriel Peyré (DMA, Ecole Normale Supérieure)
Prof. Panos Patrinos (KUL)
You can register electronically to our courses by filling in this form. See the participants.
If you encounter any trouble, or in case of questions, please contact Pascale Premereur.
The admission is free for doctoral students from all the universities in the world and participants from Belgian academic institutions. Other participants are requested to pay a registration fee of EURO 500,- per course. However, a fee waiver can be obtained under special conditions (contact Mrs Premereur). Payment can be made by bank transfer with the following mention : "OTP 43.31402.001- Name of the participant". Bank name: ING Belgium, BIC: BBRU BE BB, IBAN: BE11 3100 9590 0148, Account holder:UCLouvain
Other Courses, Conferences & Workshops in 2018-2019
The VUB-ELEC department is proud to announce the 2019 edition of the ELEC Workshop on System Identification, on 27 May - 21 June 2019.
The workshop brings together researchers in System Identification and researchers/industrials who are in need of modelling tools, based on measured/simulation data. As a participant, you will have the opportunity to
- learn frequency domain system identification tools from experts in the field,
- have hands-on experience with system identification tools on problems that are relevant for your research/application,
network with colleague researchers and set up long-lasting scientific collaborations and friendships
Dates of the workshop: 27 May - 21 June 2019 (4 weeks)
- 27 May - 7 June 2019: lectures and hands-on exercises on (frequency domain) system identification tools
- 10 June - 21 June 2019: collaboration on an individual project, with ELEC researchers.
In the last two weeks of the workshop (10 - 21 June), the participants will have the opportunity to collaborate closely on individual projects with ELEC researchers. The content of these projects is to be proposed by the prospective participants, in the line of their research interests, and such that the use of ‘System Identification’ tools has potential benefits
More info about the content of the courses http://vubirelec.be/workshop_2019#courses and on the individual project http://vubirelec.be/workshop_2019_cfp#individualProject can be found on the webpage
- registration opens: November 2018
- deadline registration: January 31, 2019
- notification of acceptance: March 1, 2019
- workshop: May 27 - June 21, 2019
Registration: is open on the following page: http://vubirelec.be/application-form
- UCL/CESAME Seminar Series in "Systems and Control", course INMA 2120.
The seminars are held in the seminar room, Building EULER, 4, Av. G. Lemaître, Louvain-la-Neuve (Parking 13), on Tuesdays at 14:00.
- UCL/CORE Seminar series on "Mathematical Programming".
- K.U.Leuven, Simon Stevin Lectures on Optimization in Engineering
- UNamur/naXys Seminars in "Complex Systems"
Other Graduate Schools
- Computational Intelligence and Learning (CIL)
- École Doctorale Thématique en GÉnie des PROCédés (GEPROC)
- Graduate School in Computing Science (GRASCOMP)
- International EECI Graduate School on Control (GSC)
- Graduate School on MUltimedia, SIlicon, Communications, Security : Electrical and Electronics Engineering (MUSICS)