Double degree programme
A double degree programme in French and French-speaking Studies is available to students interested in the master in French and Romance Languages and Literatures: General.
This international master is co-organized by a consortium of six European universities:
- The Università Ca' Foscari Venezia
- The Sorbonne Nouvelle University - Paris 3
- The Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- The Université catholique de Louvain
- The University of Lausanne
- The Universidad Autónoma of Madrid
The program last four semesters, two of which (the 3rd and the 4th) take place in one of the partner universities.
At the end of their training, selected students will be awarded two diplomas. Depending on the partner university, they will get the diplomas of UCLouvain and the diploma of:
- Laurea magistrale in lingue e letterature europee, americane e postcoloniali (Università Ca' Foscari Venezia)
- Master mention Lettres (Sorbonne Nouvelle University - Paris 3)
- Master of Arts (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin)
Students can also choose to spend their 3rd and 4th semester in one of the two other universities in the consortium (the University of Lausanne or the Universidad Autónoma of Madrid) to take courses and work on their master's dissertation, even though the credits earned at the partner university will not lead to a double degree.
Students interested in this international programme are invited to consult the pages dedicated to this program by following the link below:
Students pursuing a Master  in French and Romance Languages and Literatures : General may, as part of their studies, undertake:
a study visit for one term (30 credits) in one of the many universities (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/partenaires-0.html) with which the Faculty of Philosophy, Arts and Letters has concluded partnership agreements, in Europe under the Erasmus+ programme, in Switzerland under the SEMP programme, or elsewhere in the world under the FAME/Mercator programme, or
a study visit for one term (30 credits) in one of the partner universities in Flanders, under the Erasmus Belgica programme.
It is advisable to organise the study visit during the second term of the first year or the first term of the second year.
Note: all teaching focus classes must be taken at UCLouvain.
Students can undertake an internship in Belgium or abroad as part of their study programme. Internships must be related to the specialization (focus) or, in some cases, to the preparation for the MA dissertation.
To find out more:
- Contacts (https://uclouvain.be/en/faculties/fial/international-contact.html)
- Practical information (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/etudiant-fial-en-echange.html) (in French)
- Information on international internships (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/stages-internationaux.html) (in French)