120 credits - 2 years
Day schedule - In French
Francophone Certification Framework : 7
Internship : YES
Activities in other languages : NO
The Master’s degree puts emphasis on a practical approach to the history of art and archaeology :
- museum visits, concerts, study visits in Belgium and abroad, in collaboration with museums (the museums of Louvain-la-Neuve, Mariemont, musical instruments, etc.), issues relating to museums ;
- practical exercises in different laboratories ;
- work experience in the field : archaeological excavations, museums, research laboratories etc.
- have gained your Bachelor’s degree in the history of art and archaeology and your curiosity about objects and works from the past and the present has grown;
- wish to continue developing your sensitivity and your scientific investigation skills;
- wish to become a specialist, with the most up to date knowledge in your chosen field;
- seek to enhance your profile with professional skills and to benefit from the opportunity to put them to the test in the field.
Your future job
Our graduates work in
- professions related to heritage and archaeology: excavation departments, building archaeology, management of listed buildings, artistic and archaeological collections or museums, heritage, conservation, specialist travel, organisation of exhibitions, etc.;
- the fields of culture and communication: art galleries, buying and selling works of art, valuation, restoration, guiding, education, cultural mediation, journalism, publishing, etc.;
- teaching and research.
The Master’s degree offers you :
- demanding methodological training which is applied to your subject of research ;
- an à la carte programme in which you can combine different option courses and focuses according to your interests and the professional profile you wish to develop ;
- the possibility of a study visit abroad or work experience in the field ;
- top class supervision and the most up to date technological tools.