As part of their studies, students enrolled in the 120-credit Master’s degree in Modern Languages and Literature: General are encouraged to undertake:
- a study visit for one term (30 credits) in one of the many universities (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/partenaires-0.html) with which the Faculty of Philosophy, Arts and Letters has concluded partnership agreements, in Europe under the Erasmus+ programme, in Switzerland under the SEMP programme, or elsewhere in the world under the FAME/Mercator Mercator programme, or
- a study visit for one term (30 credits) in one of the partner universities in Flanders, under the Erasmus Belgica programme, and/or
- an internship in Belgium or abroad, in preparation for their dissertation and/or as part of their specialisation (“focus”).
The study visit may be combined with an internship.
It is advisable to organise the study visit during the second term of the first year or the first term of the second year.
Note: all teaching focus classes must be taken at UCLouvain.
Furthermore, under the agreement between UCLouvain and KU Leuven, courses may be taken from the KU Leuven programme.
To find out more:
- Contacts (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/contact-0-1.html)
- Practical information (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/etudiant-fial-en-echange.html) (in French)
- Information on international internships (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/stages-internationaux.html) (in French)