The School of Criminology provides specialized multidisciplinary training which allows to understand crime in all its complexity. The training focuses on several disciplinary areas: criminal law and criminal practices; psychological processes involved in the transition to the crime; social factors acting out and social mechanisms of creation of criminal law and the conditions of its application; study of human behavior in its interaction with biological, social and psychological dimensions.
- Are you interested in issues of deviance;
- you plan to perform duties in the field of prevention and repression of crime;
- you place the individual at the center of your concerns and you want to be socially useful;
- you are looking for a training that prepares you for the response on the ground.
Your futur job
Fields of action of the criminologist are:
- the Fonts (federal and local) and prisons;
- the youth welfare: social service courts, facilities for children in care teams in the community, etc.;
- the prevention services created under security contracts and society;
- the Mental Health and Addiction;
- the social assistance to individuals (remand prisoners, detainees, victims, etc..) in the homes of justice in victim services, etc.;
- the research.
The master offers:
- an interdisciplinary approach to deviance from the norm (sociology, law, psychology and biology);
- a specialized training in legal matters in connection with the crime and the penalty;
- an applied learning intervention: Maintenance behaviors, conflict management and crisis situations, etc.;
- extensive methodological tools;
- an internship in the field;
- the possibility of a part of your master abroad.
The Master in Criminology offers a Professional focus "criminology of the intervention" and a Research focus.