The 120 Master's degree in Business Engineering includes the following four elements:
- Core subjects worth 30 credits, including the master's thesis (20 credits) as well as an internship (10 credits) which can be linked (or not) to the master's thesis.
- A professional focus worth 30 credits, with in-depth study of the distinctive disciplines of the engineer: Performance Management, Data Analytics applied in Business, Technological and Quantitative Project,...
The professional focus courses are given during the six first weeks (Part 1) of each term.
- A major worth 30 credits, spread over the two terms, enables the student to specialise in a domain e.g. Supply Chain Management, Financial Engineering, Quantitative Corporate Finance, Decision Marketing...
The student has access to the majors offered on the two sites of the Louvain School of Management : Louvain-la-Neuve and Mons.
The courses of the majors are given during the six last weeks (Part 2) of each term.
> Detailed description (objectives, carreer opportunities,...) of the majors offered in the Master in Business Engineering
- An option and/or elective courses worth 30 credits, done on exchange in one of the 145 partners universities of the Louvain School of Management or done at LSM if the student does not go on exchange in order to continue its specialisation by taking an option of 3 courses as well as LSM courses.
The LSM also provides students on the 120 hours Masters programmes four different areas of training which can be accessed after they have been selected:
CEMS Master's in International Management - CEMS MIM (https://uclouvain.be/en/faculties/lsm/cems.html)
The LSM is the sole partner in Belgium of this network which brought together the best European management schools and various partners from outside Europe. This elite programme is designed to train future leaders of multinational and global companies.
Inter-faculty programme on Creation of Small and Medium Enterprises - CPME (https://uclouvain.be/en/etudier/cpme)
This programme brings together students from different faculties at UCL and provides them with the analytical tools to help them understand business processes, start or take on businesses of different kinds and to develop business projects within existing organisations.
International Business programme - IB
This programme is designed for students who wish to pursue an international career. Through a 4-5 month academic exchange in one of the 145 partners universities and a 6-month internship outside Europe in a company (multinational, SME, NGO,...), it promotes an open-minded approach, intercultural awareness, adaptability and pro-activity, all of which are vital for work in an international context.
Double degree - DD & DDD
By gaining 60 credits courses at LSM, approximatively 40 credits from one of the DD partner universities and a master's thesis worth 20 credits common to both institutions, students are awarded two Masters' degrees, one from the LSM and the other from the partner university:
- Aalto University (Helsinki, Finland)
- Universität zu Köln (Cologne, Germany)
- Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration (Bergen, Norway)
- Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (Lisbon, Portugal)
- University of Economics Prague (Czech Republic)
- Vytautas Magnus University (Kaunas, Lithuania)
- KU Leuven (Leuven, Belgium)
- Instituto Superior Técnico - Technical University of Lisbon (Lisbon, Portugal)
A "Dedicated Double Degree", DDD focus on Environmental issues and Supply Chain Management, exclusively offered by LSM and NHH.
If you hold a second cycle university degree or a Bachelor degree equivalent to the Business Engineering degree (i.e. minimum 240 credits), you can access directly the second year of the master 120 in Business Engineering. This program will include, depending on the credits accorded, a minimum of 60 and a maximum of 75 credits. (https://uclouvain.be/277582)