The 120 Master's degree in Management includes the following four elements:
- Core subjects worth 30 credits
This core curriculum includes the master's thesis (20 credits) as well as an internship (10 credits) which may be linked to an issue dealt with in the master's thesis.
- A professional focus worth 30 credits
In-depth study of the distinctive disciplines of the management: strategy, finance, management accounting, marketing, human resources.
A research focus worth 30 credits
including a basic epistemological training and a choice of courses in research methodologies in Management.
> Description of the research focus
- A major worth 30 credits
Spread in two parts, it enables the student to specialise in one of the management field (Marketing, Strategy and Organisation, Finanace, Audit,...). The student has access to majors offered on the two sites of the Louvain School of Management : Louvain-la-Neuve and Mons.
> Detailed description (target, career opportunities,...) of the majors offered in the master in management.
- An option and/or elective courses worth 30 credits
during which students have the opportunity to take courses in one of the 145 partners universities of the Louvain School of Management. Students who do not wish to go abroad may instead take an option course worth 15 credits and 3 courses worth 5 credits each.
Please note that, depending on your academic background, teaching units (= prerequisite courses) could be added to your master program.The Louvain School of Management also provides students in the 120 Master's degree in Management five different areas of training which can be accessed after they have been selected:
The CEMS Master's in International Management - CEMS MIM
The Louvain School of Management is the sole partner in Belgium of this network which, for the last few years, has brought together the best European management schools and various partners from outside Europe.
Inter-faculty programme on Creation of Small and Medium Enterprises - CPME (https://uclouvain.be/fr/etudier/cpme)
This programme brings together students from different faculties at UCL and provides them with the analytical tools to help them understand business processes, start or take on businesses of different kinds and to develop business projects within existing organisations.
International Business programme - IB
This programme is designed for students who wish to pursue an international career. Through an exchange of courses and a 6-month work placement abroad in a multinational company, it promotes an open-minded approach, intercultural awareness, adaptability and pro-activity, all of which are vital for work in an international context.
Double Degree - DD & DDD (https://uclouvain.be/en/faculties/lsm/double-degree.html)
By accumulating 60 course credits at the Louvain School of Management, around 40 course credits at the partner university DD and a joint master's thesis to both universities for 20 credits, the students acquire two master degrees, one delivered by the LSM and the other by the partner university :
- Aalto University (Helsinki, Finland)
- Universität zu Köln (Cologne, Germany)
- Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration (Bergen, Norway)
- Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (Lisbon, Portugal)
- University of Economics Prague (Czech Republic)
- Vytautas Magnus University (Kaunas, Lithuania)
- KU Leuven (Leuven, Belgium)
- Instituto Superior Técnico - Technical University of Lisbon (Lisbon, Portugal)
A "Dedicated Double Degree", DDD focus on Environmental issues and Supply Chain Management, exclusively offered by LSM and NHH.
The Master in Management, "Financial Management Track" with a double degree LSM-ICHEC (https://uclouvain.be/facultes/lsm/track-financial-management.html)
- Holders of a second cycle university degree comprising at least 45 credits of Master level courses equivalent to the Master in Management can obtain, in 1 year, the Master 120 credits in Management. Depending on the value of the credits granted, this program will include a minimum of 60 credits and a maximum of 75 credits.
- Holders of a LSM Master Degree in Business Engineering 120 (or Master in Management 120) with a Professional Focus, may acquire the Master's degree with a research focus by following the Reserach Focus 30-credit programme.