Teaching biology to students in secondary education, such is the challenge that the aggregation student (didactics course) prepares to face. The vision of aggregation in biology (didactics course) is to provide him or her with an initial training that will enable the student to mobilize the necessary skills to start out effectively in the profession of teacher and to develop positively.
Today's teachers are called on to play an essential role for their students, so say the "mission decrees" of 24 July 1997:
- to promote self-confidence and the development of the person of each student;
- to show the students how to assimilate knowledge and acquire the skills to make them able to learn throughout their lives and take an active place in economic, social and cultural life;
- to prepare all students to become responsible citizens, capable of contributing to the development of a democratic, solidarist, pluralist society open to other cultures;
- to guarantee all students equal opportunities for social emancipation.
The initial teacher training is based on the command of existing skills and abilities (developed in part in the core of the programme) that the student must mobilize and developing through different aggregation activities (didactics course):
- the knowledge and discipline(s) to be taught;
- clear, correct communication in the language of teaching, both oral and written;
- a critical, autonomous relation with the reference knowledge (scientific and cultural);
- relational capacities associated with the profile of the profession;
- a rich general knowledge and an openness to the diversity of cultures allowing future students to be made receptive to the world;
- the concern of participating in the role of democratization of the school.
2. The referential of skills and abilities acquired through training defining the output profile of diplomas on completion of aggregation in biology (didactics course)
At the end of the programme of aggregation in biology (didactics course) the graduate will have acquired and demonstrated command of the knowledge and skills mentioned below. These latter are defined in reference in the Decree of 8 February 2001 on the initial training for upper secondary education aggregation.
On successful completion of this programme, each student is able to :