This learning unit is not being organized during year 2020-2021.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
Contribution of teaching unit to learning outcomes assigned to programme
This unit contributes to the acquisition and development of the following learning outcomes, as assigned to the Master's degree in translation :
4.3, 4.4, 4.5
AA-FS-AIE. Develop expertise and a high level of competence in specialized translation in the field of international relations under different headings (diplomacy, geopolitics, geostrategy, etc.) incorporating elements specific to this sphere: adapt to text-type (treaties and agreements, speeches, reports, monographs, etc.) and to the particular requirements of the client (national and international organisations and institutions, NGO's, diplomatic services, research institutes, etc.).
Specific learning outcomes on completion of teaching unit
On completing this unit the student is able to:
· Identify and employ documentation (in both French and Spanish) which is relevant and useful in dealing with a given source text (comprehension, translation, accurate reformulation);
Identify terminological and phraseological units in Language C and select equivalents in Language A by consulting suitable sources with
· the possible objective of compiling a glossary;
· Employ the IATE terminology database and the EU's interinstitutional style guide;
· Use the EUR-Lex website to access official documents cited in a Spanish text, as well as the corresponding documents in French;
Translate in a professional manner, and with the aid of the most appropriate computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools, a text pertaining to the EU.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Lectures and exercise sessions.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.During the term: formative assessment of the student's work.
In June and September: summative assessment in the form of a written paper and oral exam.
The use of machine translation is strictly forbidden.
- Direction générale de la traduction (2009) : Outils d'aide à la traduction et cycle de travail, Bruxelles, Commission européenne.