1. Basic knowledge of the Ancient Near East (Assyriology and Hittitology);
2. Basic knowledge of Ancient Egypt (Egyptology and Coptology).
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this course te student will have acquired a basic knowledge of the Ancient Near East and of Ancient Egypt. This process wil be realized through a multi-disciplinary approach.
- History of the discipline and decryption of writing;
- Heuristics and visit of the specialized library;
- Deepening of the discovery of the scriptures;
- Initiation to language / languages;
- Overview of the literature;
- Notions of Religion.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The course is given by means of ppt that are well illustrated, including maps, texts and pictures.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Oral exam, based on a written preparation. The student will be questioned successively by the two teachers.