At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of the course, the students should be able to
Reading comprehension : level B1 of the « Common European Framework of References for Languages »
Listening comprehension: level B1 of the « Common European Framework of References for Languages »
Speaking: level B1- of the « Common European Framework of References for Languages ».
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- Training learners to become autonomous readers of authentic written documents
- Broadening the students' vocabulary scope
- Teaching key grammar points such as tenses, auxiliaries, connectives and the passive voice.
- Listening decoding strategies in a foreign language
- Role plays, debates, discussions
- vocabulary (25%)
- grammar (15%)
reading comprehension: 20%
listening comprehension: 20%
- Oral exam: discussion based on themes seen in class: 20%
This means they will be examinated on both the parts of january and june. If they don't take the exam, they will lose the benefit of this part of the exam and be given 0/20 for this part.
If students don't take the oral and/or written exam in june, they will be given an "unjustified absence", even if they have taken all the other parts of the exam.
- Plateforme Moodle UCL du cours LNEER1111