Each of these examples is considered using three approaches:
- Situational analysis (constraints and means available)
- Discourse analysis (discursive strategies and various discourse methods)
- Semiolinguistic analysis. The communication techniques specific to a particular work situation (for oneself and work colleagues) are demonstrated and put into practice.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Analyze and thoroughly understand oral communication techniques in French in a business environment.
- Understand the effect of oral communication techniques in a company (including in a multilingual business environment).
- Understand and practice oral communication skills in the workplace (both for oneself and for francophone and non-francophone colleagues).
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
Professionals in oral business communication may be invited to give first-hand accounts depending on the issue being discussed.
Exercises will focus on practical application and improve oral skills specific to professional contexts and give students the tools to develop these skills.
DEMONT -LUGOL Liliane, KEMPF Alain, RAPIDEL Martine, SCIBETTA Charles (2006), Communication des entreprises. Stratégies et pratiques (2 e édition), Paris, Armand Colin (coll. Cursus économie)
TUCKER, Barbara, Barton, Kristin, Exploring Public Speaking : 2nd Revision, disponible sur http://oer.galileo.usg.edu/communication-textbooks/1/
WESTPHALEN Marie-Hélène, LIBAERT Thierry, Communicator. Toute la communication d'entreprise, 5e édition, Paris, Dunod, 2009.
Discourse Analysis :
CHARAUDEAU Patrick, MAINGUENEAU Dominique, s.dir. (2002), Dictionnaire d'analyse du discours, Paris, Editions du Seuil
MAINGUENEAU Dominique (2009), Les termes clés de l'analyse du discours, nouvelle édition revue et augmentée, Paris, Editions du Seuil (coll. Points)