Graduate School in Systems,
Optimization, Control and Networks
Graduate School Courses in 2015-2016
All courses are eligible for ECTS
Wim Michiels (KU Leuven) and Silviu Niculescu (CNRS-CentraleSupélec-Université Paris-Sud, France)
Peter Richtarik (University of Edinburgh)
B. Erik Ydstie (Carnegie Mellon University)
Laurent Jacques (UCL)
Denis Dochain (UCL) & Joseph Winkin (UNamur)
You can register electronically to our courses by filling in this form. See the participants.
If you encounter any trouble, or in case of questions, please contact Nathalie Ponet.
The admission is free for doctoral students and participants from Belgian academic institutions. Other participants are requested to pay a registration fee of EURO 500,- per course. However, a waiver can be obtained under special conditions (contact Mrs Ponet). Payment can be made by bank transfer with the following mention : "43.31402.001 ACTIVITES DIDACTIQUES". Bank name: ING Belgium, BIC: BBRU BE BB, IBAN: BE11 3100 9590 0148.
Other Courses, Conferences & Workshops in 2015-2016
2016 ELEC Doctoral School on Identification of (Non)linear Dynamic Systems : 9th of May 2016 – 3rd of June 2016
The department ELEC of the VUB organizes the 9th edition of a 4-week spring school to give an intensive training on advanced modelling and simulation techniques of (non)linear dynamic systems, starting from experimental data. Besides classical courses and exercises, we also provide hands-on experience by working on experimental data that you will measure yourself. The participants should have a good basic knowledge in system theory and signal processing.
The course covers the following topics:
- A basic introduction to system identification,
- Measuring dynamic systems,
- Identification of dynamic systems,
- Measuring and modeling of nonlinear systems,
- Simulation tools for nonlinear systems,
- (optional) Nonlinear distortion analysis in microwave and integrated circuits and systems,
- Identification of linear time-varying systems.
In addition to the regular program, the ELEC spring school 2016 is proud to announce that two special lectures will be provided :
- Prof. Marion Gilson-Bagrel and Hugues Garnier from the Henri Poincaré University in Nancy, France, will offer a 2-days invited lecture on continuous-time system identification and instrumental variables methods.
- Prof. Dr. Leo Van Biesen, professor in engineering at department ELEC and a passionate musician, will give us an insight on the history and science behind one of the most important instruments in jazz: My SAX life is beautiful, commemorating 202 years of the birth of Adolph Sax.
Detailed information and the application forms are available on http://www.elecdoctoralschool.be/
For more information : firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCL/CESAME Seminar Series in "Systems and Control", course INMA 2120.
The seminars are held in the seminar room, Building EULER, 4, Av. G. Lemaître, Louvain-la-Neuve (Parking 13), on Tuesdays at 14:00.
- UCL/CORE Seminar series on "Mathematical Programming".
- K.U.Leuven, Simon Stevin Lectures on Optimization in Engineering
- UNamur/naXys Seminars in "Complex Systems"
Other Graduate Schools
- Computational Intelligence and Learning (CIL)
- École Doctorale Thématique en GÉnie des PROCédés (GEPROC)
- Graduate School in Computing Science (GRASCOMP)
- International EECI Graduate School on Control (GSC)
- Graduate School on MUltimedia, SIlicon, Communications, Security : Electrical and Electronics Engineering (MUSICS)