Graduate School in Systems,
Optimization, Control and Networks
Graduate School Courses in 2012-2013
Martin Guay (Queen's University, Canada) and Denis Dochain (UCL)
Henk Nijmeijer (Eindhoven UT, The Netherlands) and Arjan van der Schaft (Univ. Groningen, The Netherlands)
Sven Leyffer (Argonne National Laboratory, USA)
Alfred Inselberg (Tel Aviv University, Israel)
You can register electronically by filling in this form. See the participants.
If you encounter any trouble, or in case of questions, please contact Nathalie Ponet.
The admission is free for doctoral students and participants from Belgian academic institutions. Other participants are requested to pay a registration fee of EURO 500,- per course. However, a waiver can be obtained under special conditions (contact Mrs Ponet). Payment can be made by bank transfer onto the account 310-0959001-48 with the following mention : "AUTO2866 ACTIVITES DIDACTIQUES"
Other Courses, Conferences & Workshops in 2012-2013
Doctoral course 2013 - MCDA & MOO - Multicriteria decision analysis and multi-objective optimization
Organizers: Y. De Smet (ULB), Th. Marchant (UGent), M. Pirlot (UMONS)
Target audience: doctoral students in decision, optimization, operational research, preferences
Goal: offer an introduction (at doctoral level) to specific topics and mathematical models in the field of multiple criteria decision analysis and multi-objective optimization and to algorithmic problems raised by the use of such models.
Organization: A full day conference + 4 lectures of about 3 hours and an afternoon of poster sessions in English. The 4 lectures focus on independent topics. All activities will take place either in Brussels (ULB, Campus Plaine) or in Mons (UMONS, Faculté Polytechnique) as indicated in the programme below. The precise room will be announced later.
Further information: contact Prof. Marc Pirlot: email@example.com
Inscription is free but requested (for organizational purposes)
- March 27, 2013 (Wednesday), 14:00—17:00 in Brussels. Dr. P. Viappiani (CNRS-Lip6, University Paris VI), Preference learning models
- April 15, 2013 (Monday), 09:30—18:00 in Mons. A one-day conference on Selected Topics in Optimization
- April 24, 2013 (Wednesday), 14:00—17:00 in Mons. Prof. P. Meyer (Telecom Bretagne), Diviz, a tool for combining and executing multi-criteria decision procedures
- May 08, 2013 (Wednesday), 14:00—17:00 in Brussels. Poster sessions in which PhD students present their research topic. Discussion with the other PhD students and senior researchers
- May 29, 2013 (Wednesday), 14:00—17:00 in Brussels. Prof. Th. Denoeux (University of Technology in Compiègne) and Prof. Y. De Smet (ULB): Belief functions theory and applications to Multi-criteria decision analysis
- June 11, 2013 (Tuesday), 14:00—17:00 in Mons. Prof. Philippe Fortemps (UMONS), Rough sets for preference learning
This programme could be modified. The persons who want to be informed of possible changes in the programme are invited to contact the organizers.
This course is organized with the support of the Thematic Doctoral School in Mathematics and the Académie Universitaire Wallonie-Bruxelles.
ROKS 2013 - International Workshop on Advances in Regulation, Optimization, Kernel methods and Support vector machines : theory and applications
Dates: July 8-10, 2013
Place: Leuven, Belgium
- Francis Bach, INRIA
- Martin Jaggi, Ecole Polytechnique Paris
- James Kwok, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Yurii Nesterov, Catholic University of Louvain UCL
- Massimiliano Pontil, University College London
- Justin Romberg, Georgia Tech
- John Shawe-Taylor, University College London
- Alexander Smola, Google & UC Berkeley
- Joel Tropp, California Institute of Technology
- Ding-Xuan Zhou, City University of Hong Kong
- UCL/CESAME Seminar Series in "Systems and Control", course INMA 2120.
The seminars are held in the CESAME lecture room, Building EULER, 4, Av. G. Lemaître, Louvain-la-Neuve (Parking 13), each Tuesday at 14:00.
- UCL/CORE Seminar series on "Mathematical Programming".
- K.U.Leuven, SISTA Seminars, seminars on "Optimization in Engineering", seminars on "Bioinformatics".
- K.U.Leuven OPTEC, Simon Stevin Lectures on Optimization in Engineering
- FUNDP/naXys Seminars in "Complex Systems"
Other Graduate Schools
- Computational Intelligence and Learning (CIL)
- École Doctorale Thématique en GÉnie des PROCédés (GEPROC)
- Graduate School in Computing Science (GRASCOMP)
- International EECI Graduate School on Control (GSC)
- Graduate School on MUltimedia, SIlicon, Communications, Security : Electrical and Electronics Engineering (MUSICS)