Strategically located in the heart of Western Europe, Louvain-la-Neuve is easy to get to from most places, whether by air, rail or road.
- Brussels Airport (BRU) – main international airport, with connexion to every major city in the world
- 1 hour train ride connecting the airport to Louvain-la-Neuve (12,20 €)
- taxi to Louvain-la-Neuve (90 €)
- Brussels-South Charleroi Airport (CRL) – low cost flights to everywhere in Europe, major RyanAir hub
- bus to Charleroi-South train station then train to Louvain-la-Neuve (1h30-2h in total – 13,10 € in total)
- Via Brussels-South train station (40 minutes to Louvain-la-Neuve)
- Direct international express trains to Brussels-South:
- From London
- From Paris and Lille
- From Amsterdam and Rotterdam
- From Cologne, Düsseldorf and Aachen
When in Brussels (bilingual region) or in Wallonia (French-speaking region), always make sure to take the train going to Louvain-la-Neuve and not Louvain. Trains going to the Dutch-speaking city of Leuven are translated to Louvain in French timetables, which might be confusing!
- Next to E411 highway
Louvain-la-Neuve is a pedestrian city. All university facilities are at a short distance allowing to do everything on foot. All hotels and bed & breakfast in Louvain-la-Neuve are within a walking distance of 20 minutes maximum.
The train station and bus central station are 5 minutes walking to the conference centre. Only people staying in other cities (Brussels, Leuven, Wavre) would require taking public transportation (bus/ shuttle from nearby towns, train to every other city) or driving to reach the conference.
Shuttles will be organised to get to Leuven on Friday evening for the conference dinner (40 min by bus – possible to return by train in 1 hour for people wanting to get back early).find out more