Full programme available for download and printing (A4-format PDF)
(Last updated on 28/08/2019 – Further updates on-site and via Guidebook)
The full programme for EUROCALL 2019 in Louvain-la-Neuve includes:
- 189 paper presentations
- 4 symposia
- 10 workshops
- 46 posters
Any last-minute changes or cancellations will be communicated via the conference app (Guidebook).
Explanation of the different acronyms used in the programme strands
Main thematic strands:
- CAF: Complexity, accuracy, fluency framework of proficiency in CALL.
- CMC: Computer-mediated communication and telecollaboration.
- Corpus: Corpora and language learning.
- Digital literacies: Digital bi- and multi-literacies.
- Gamification: Digital game-based learning, virtual reality and gamification.
- ICALL: ‘Intelligent’ CALL and natural language processing applications in CALL.
- MALL: Mobile assisted language learning.
- OER: Open Educational Resources and practices.
- Research trends: Research trends in CALL.
- SLA: Second language acquisition principles in CALL.
- Task complexity: Task complexity in CALL.
- Teacher education: Teacher education and professional development in CALL.
Other acronyms used in the program:
- AR: Augmented reality
- CLIL: Content and language integrated learning (content courses taught in a second language)
- EAP: English for academic purposes (= Academic English)
- ESP: English for specific purposes
- LCTL: Less commonly taught languages
LMOOC: Language massive open online courses
- LMS: Learning management system (e.g., Moodle, Blackboard, etc.)
- SIG: Special interest group
- TBLT: Task-based language teaching
- VR: Virtual reality