The Master 120 in Mathematics offers
- a thorough education in cutting-edge fundamental mathematics with an orientation towards either research or teaching;
- an interdisciplinary program in physics, statistics, probability, cryptography, information theory, financial mathematics, actuarial science, etc.;
- the possibility of including advanced courses from other universities within your programme of specialisation;
- teaching based on your personal learning history;
- the opportunity to carry out part of your programme abroad;
- the possibility of moving directly to the second year of the Master in statistics, biostatistics and actuarial science.
- have a sense of the precision and rigour of reasoning
- wish to develop your analytical skills and apply your capacity for reasoning and your spirit of abstraction in order to understand, model and solve complex situations in every field of application of mathematics;
- are committed to research and wish to carry out a first project in collaboration with internationally renowned researchers;
- plan to teach mathematics in secondary school and wish to acquire a solid training in fundamental mathematics.
Your futur job
Whatever his specialisation, the mathematician will be able to exercise his talents in a variety of very different professional sectors and to make the most of the powerful tools he has developed in situations that are often a long way from mathematics.
The disciplinary knowledge and skills of the mathematician can be exploited in fundamental mathematical research and in teaching mathematics. These skills also offer access to many professions in which mathematics interacts with other disciplines (particularly in research laboratories in the climatology sector, in meteorology and in astronomy, in research and development institutes in the biochemistry and pharmacology sectors, in analysis and development departments in the economics sector, in finance and insurance, in computer companies, in cryptography and in telecommunications).
Together with the solid training in fundamental mathematics that will equip you with tools in the main mathematical disciplines, the Master offers the choice of two focuses, depending on whether you are oriented towards research or teaching. In both options, learning is completed by optional courses in your chosen fields in mathematics or in closely related fields (applied mathematics, physics, statistics and biostatistics, actuarial science, computing...).