The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
After this course, the students will understand what bioinformatics is and when to use it. They will be able to
This course contributes to the leaning goals 2a, 2c, 3c, 5a, 5b, 5c, 5d of the bachelor's programme in biomedical sciences.
- What is bioinformatics and it application domains.
- Technologies and methodologies used in bioinformatics.
- Introduction to omics data and technologies.
- Data analysis project management and reproducible research.
- Spreadsheets for data organisation.
- The RStudio programming environment.
- Data analysis and programming in R.
- Introduction to data structures in R.
- Data handling and visualisation.
- High throughput data with R and Bioconductor.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The course will be composed of practical sessions, during which the students will implement solutions to data analysis problems relevant to biomedical sciences using the R programming language and the RStudio development environment.
Course attendance to all sessions (volume 1 and 2) is mandatory. In case of repeated unjustified absence, further attendance to the final exams might be excluded.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Continuous evaluation: the students will be given regular test throughout the course. Those that have and average mark equal or greater than 12 will be dispensed of the final exam.
The final exam will be practical and computer-based; the students will prepare a reproducible report in Rmd using RStudio answering exam questions addressing small scale data analysis task similar to those presented during the course. The test scores will be ignored when taking the final exam.
- cours en ligne et informations complémentaires sur moodle. Obligatoires.