The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
The participants in this course will acquire knowledge and skill in three areas: - statistical analysis of real life data (from problem method), - communication (discussion with clients, oral and written presentation of results), - aspects of professionalism and ethical conduct (planning, cost, good practice) To accomplish these objectives, the participants will work on two real life consulting projects and their evaluation provides the main part of their grade.
- structuring projects with statistical content
- exploratory data analysis using effective visualizations
- challenges in statistical practice (missing values, outliers, transformations)
- communication with clients (meetings, presentations, reporting)
- professionalism (organization, planning, documenting, data privacy, intellectual property)
The center of the course consists of two real life case studies from different subject areas including medecine, psychology, industry, agriculture, management, and marketing.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Mostly problem based learning
Two real projects
Reading of articles and sharing with the group
Exercises in data visualization, presentation and report writing
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Evaluation based on the two real projects (statistical work, presentation, report writing)
- matériel sur moodle