analysis and production of specialised discourse (infomercials, press releases, records of meetings, letters and emails, editorials).
These activities are done on both an individual and group basis. The individual tasks focus especially on :
- progressive training in reading and writing tasks assessed in the examination ;
- comprehension and production of specific specialised discourse which are first assessed during the course before the final examination. The group activities involve doing one or two projects presented at the beginning of the course (e.g. information letter or interview).
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
By the end of the course, students will be able
- when reading, to recognise and deal with appropriately the main characteristics of specialised discourse in business French;
- to produce some written material relevant to the world of business, adapted to the type of communication required and respecting the conventions regarding the genres and the enunciation of the discourse;
- to make use of communication tools and aids used in the business world to prepare, draft or present such written material.
- to supervise the individual and group learning tasks by using real-life projects, practical situations and/or by clearly describing the technical or theoretical elements required to carry them out;
- to suggest overall ways of improving the different pieces of work presented in addition to assessments given to each student or group of students.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Alternate lectures, supervised exercises, group work, meetings with professionals. Some activities could be transposed remotely depending on the evolution of the sanitary situation.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Continuous assessment throughout the course on each student's participation as well as the work they do individually or in groups.
A written examination at the end of the course, which focuses on the mastery of the professional French language and writing techniques seen during the courses, and on the self-evaluation of the skills acquired.