The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this teaching unit the student will be able to use Dutch in the specific context of his study domain and his professional future and to communicate in Dutch in a formal and informal way at a final level of
B2 of the 'Common European Framework of Reference for Languages'
The in-class activities are aimed at developing the capacity to use Dutch in the context of the future professional life of the student, but also to communicate in everyday situations.
The student will also realize written exercises that must be sent to the teacher for correction and commentary.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Training staff
- Lessons in groups of 15-20 students. (Q1)
- The teacher is available during his office-hour(s) and can be contacted by e-mail.
- Classroom hours: 30h. (Q1)
- Self-study: 90h. (Q1+Q2)
When necessary (frequent mistakes or on demand), rapid explanation of the grammar items that raise problems. Writing tasks.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.FIRST SEMESTER
If the health situation allows it, i.e.: face-to-face lessons
1. Continuous assessment on the basis of written work, oral presentations, written vocabulary test(s) and active participation (2 points for written work, 4 points for presentations, 2 points for vocabulary test(s), 2 points for active participation in lessons).
2. Oral examination based on a portfolio of articles put together by the student and related to the fields of study (6 points), and a direct and spontaneous exchange with the teacher on the student's speciality, professional projects, etc. (4 points).
These modalities could be transposed to distance learning depending on the evolution of the health situation. If the health situation (or other crisis situation) does not allow for a face-to-face written vocabulary test(s) (e.g. following a switch to distance learning), it will be replaced by a distance written test or the student will be questioned on vocabulary during the oral examination.
SECOND SEMESTER: independent work and oral test with the teacher at the end of the term.
Students will have to compile a cultural dossier: portfolio of articles or book in their discipline and cultural events (plays, exhibitions, etc.). To be defended orally.
distribution of points: Q1 (3/5) + Q2 (2/5)
In the September session, the student must retake all assignments, presentations and (written/oral) tests.
- Important information related to the health situation (or other crisis situation): Depending on the health situation, the course may be only partly face-to-face and partly distance learning (hybrid course). If the health situation does not allow for a face-to-face course, we will switch to 100% distance learning. The situation can change depending on the arrangements made by the authorities.
Syllabus/dossier de lecture (sur Moodle) et plate-forme Moodle. Documents distribués lors des séances.|