At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of the course, the students should be able to
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The UE (course) is mainly given face-to-face with e-learning support.
- Training learners to become autonomous readers of authentic written documents
- Broadening the students' vocabulary scope
- Teaching key grammar points such as tenses, auxiliaries, connectives and the passive voice.
- Listening decoding strategies in a foreign language
- Role plays, debates, discussions
Depending on the (health) situation, the course can be given in a hybrid or "comodal" way or we might possibly have to switch to distance learning.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The UE / course is based on continuous assessment with tests during the year and an exam in December or January and May or June.
Continuous assessment + December exam = 40% (written exam)
- vocabulary (25%)
- grammar (15%)
- Written exam
reading comprehension: 20%
listening comprehension: 20%
- Oral exam: discussion based on themes seen in class: 20%
This means they will be examinated on both the parts of january and june. If they don't take the exam, they will lose the benefit of this part of the exam and be given 0/20 for this part.
If students don't take the oral and/or written exam in june, they will be given an "unjustified absence", even if they have taken all the other parts of the exam.
Attendance at the course is compulsory. If the teacher deems it useful, he/she may ask the jury to prohibit a student who has not followed the learning activities regularly to register for the course examination (RGEE - art. 72).
If, for whatever reason, we switch to online and distance teaching, then:
- The results of the tests taken in class will be taken into account.
- The tests that have not been taken will be cancelled.
- The written exam will take place on a platform with “proctoring” (remote monitoring). If the proctoring platform for the written exam cannot be used for any reason, the written exam will be cancelled and be replaced by an oral assessment based on a discussion of the topics covered in the course and with vocabulary questions.Taking into account the health situation, if the possibility is however left to us to organise a face-to-face written examination, we will opt for this possibility and will organise a face-to-face written examination.
- The oral exam will take place on TEAMS.