This biannual learning unit is not being organized in 2020-2021 !
- Basics in differential geometry, LMAT1241 ou LMAT1342 (or equivalent)
1. Compact Riemann surfaces:
- Riemann-Roch theorem
- Abel's theorem
- Jacobi varieties, Jacobi inversion problem and theta functions
2. Applcations to integrable systems (theory of solitons):
- Baker-Akhiezer functions
- Equations of the theory of solitons
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.During the classes, students are invited to actively participate, by asking questions based on their previous knowledge of basic complex analysis and basic differential geometry.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Assessment is made on the basis of an oral presentation during the teaching sessions and an oral examination at the end of the class. The oral presentation during the teaching sessions consists in presenting a chapter in a book, or a research article offering new perspectives. The oral examination at the end of the semester tests the knowlege and the hability to use the concepts and the theorems viewed during the class.
- syllabus en français