- Electricity market design
- Modeling of energy markets
- Operations research applications in energy markets
- Contemporary problems (renewable energy integration, demand response integration, capacity investment and risk management)
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
With reference to the AA (Acquis d'Apprentissage) reference, this course contributes to the acquisition of the following learning outcomes:
- Place of energy system in the economy, energy mix and public objectives of decarbonization : solutions and challenges
- Organisation and modelisation of electricity market : production, transmission, investissement
- Social cost of carbon. Organisation and modelisation of CO2 emission market. Introduction to general equilibrium model.
- Economic : Corporate finance and computation of investment financing . Economic Equilibrium theory (perfect and imperfect competition) Impact of externalities, Risk quantification, coalition theory and stability
- Mathematics: Optimisation/Duality (complementarity conditions), Nash equilibrium, Convex hull
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.2 hours lecture per week and 2 hours working exercies. Assignements will be evaluated by the teacher or the teaching assistant.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.
- Written and/or oral exam | Regular assignments
- Impressions de manuels ou articles fournis au cours. Quelques lectures qui pourraient être utiles en tant que support : Steven S. Stoft, "Power System Economics" / Daniel S. Kirschen, Goran Strbac, "Power System Economics"