Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information below is subject to change, in particular that concerning the teaching mode (presential, distance or in a comodal or hybrid format).
30.0 h + 30.0 h
Craeye Christophe; Peters Thomas;
This course assumes that the student already masters the skills of end of secondary allowing to translate a problem into a system of equations with several variables and to solve it.
The course focuses on :
- the understanding of mathematical tools and techniques based on a rigorous learning of concepts favored by highlighting their concrete application,
- the rigorous manipulation of these tools and techniques in the context of concrete applications.
- operation on matrices,
- rank and resolution of a linear system,
- Matrix writing of a system of linear equations
- Basic operations on the lines
- Elimination of Gauss-Jordan
- LU Factoring
- Implementation of Linear Equation System Resolution Algorithms
- vectors, vector operations,
- vector spaces (vector, independence, base, dimension),
- linear applications (applications to transformations of the plan, kernel and image),
- eigenvectors and eigenvalues (including applications)
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
Given the learning outcomes of the "Bachelor in Computer science" program, this course contributes to the development, acquisition and evaluation of the following learning outcomes:
Faculty or entity