This biannual learning unit is being organized in 2020-2021
Alternately with LGLOR2643, this course deals with the following themes:
- a commented translation of extracts of Targums, of papyri from Elephantine and of Qumran texts (15 hours of course);
- personal translation of extracts of Targums or Qumran texts (15 hours of exercises).
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this course, the student will be capable of translating (with a dictionary) Aramean documents found in Egypt (Hermopolis, Elephantine), at Qumran or extracts of Targums.
- study of papyri discovered in Egypt, and of Aramean documents discovered at Qumran;
- comparison of different Aramean dialects of the first century B.C. up to the 6th century A.D. (e.g. Targums of Genesis, with analysis of the special forms of Neofiti, of the Pseudo-Jonathan, of fragmentary Palestinian Targums and of the Samaritan Targum).
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The course is not in the form of lectures: students must have prepared the texts; their preparation will be discussed and improved during the course.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Oral exam.
- G. Dalman, Grammatik des jüdisch-palästinischen Aramäisch (surtout pour les tableaux) ;
- J. Hoftijzer - K. Jongeling, A Dictionary of North-West Semitic Inscriptions.