The Java programming language
Problem analysis; specification and implementation of solutions
Linear data structures, including dynamic implementations.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
Contribution of the course to the program objectives
Regarding the learning outcomes of the program of Bachelor in Engineering, this course contributes to the development and the acquisition of the following learning outcomes:
More precisely, at the end of the course the students will be able to
- Programs, source code and program execution
- Identifiers, variables, values, types, assignment
- Expressions, statements
- Conditional structures and loops
- Functions, parameters, calls, results, execution, variable scoping
- Specifications and tests
- Data structures, lists, strings and their operations
- References and nested data structures
- Nestsed lists, tuples, matrices, dictionnaries
- Dichotomic search algorithms
- File handling, input/output
- Exception handling
- Object-oriented programming and garbage collection
- Classes, objects, constructors, methods
- References to an object, self-references and self-calls
- Class, instance and local variables, scope and visibility
- Class composition, inheritance and encapsulation
- Polymorphism, super calls and dynamic binding
- Object equality
- Linked data structures
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.
- course lectures,
- partical exercice sessions with tutors,
- programming exercices on the INGInious platform?
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.A programming assignment is due each week. A mid-term evaluation takes place in the middle of the first semester. The end-of-term exam aims to assess both the understanding of the course material and the capacity to apply it to write simple but correct Python programs.
The final grade can take into account the mid-term evaluation and the work done during the quadrimester, in addition to the grade from the exam. The assignments and the mid-term evaluation cannot be retaken for the June or September sessions.
In case of plagiarism detection confirmed by a plagiarism detection tool the course teachers reserve the right to invite the student to pass an oral interrogation.