At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
In consideration of the reference table AA of the program "master in electrical engineering ", this course contributes to the development, to the acquisition and to the evaluation of the following experiences of learning:
- wave formalism and S-parameter
- transmission lines and resonators (planar lines, waveguides)
- passive devices (obstacles, junctions, couplers, filters, non-reciprocal circuits, matching networks)
- measurement of circuit parameters : reflection, transmission, power and noise
- instrumentation : network analysers, spectrum analyser, calibration methods
- sources and active components : vacuum tubes, semiconductors (diodes, transistors)
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The course includes :
- 14 theoretical lectures
- 6 exercices modules with tutorial and and solutions posted on Moodle
- Training modules using microwave CAD and simulation softwares.
- A project, using ADS design program of Agilent, where each student individually has to design, simulate and measure a passive planar device.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Written examination (exercises to be solved with open textbook and slides). The project is evaluated on the basis of a written report, and counts forts 25% of the total mark gained for the course
- Transparents disponibles sur Moodle
- Livres de référence disponibles à la BST
The project is evaluated on the basis of a written report and contributes to 25% of the total grade.