At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
Acquire a graphic culture that makes it possible to understand as easily as possible developments in the book in a global media market in which this medium is and has been at one and the same time an object of culture and art, of communication, but also of consumption.
Raise awareness in future publishers, booksellers and librarians of the economic, cultural, political and even philosophical issues of the text/image/format relationship, not only of the book, but also of other media (newspapers, magazines, internet) with which it is in dialogue and in competition.
This is a matter of:
- understanding the future of the book medium so as to be in a position to understand a publishing and creative market that is increasingly protean (various speakers from the book trade will visit to give an account of their experiences in the field);
- understand the main high points in the history of the book, both as a form and as a format for information, so as to be able to consider all its possibilities, avatars and epigones.
- understand developments in graphic design, its history, its current status in its encounter with the book.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Formal lectures / students will be encouraged to contribute, converse and enrich the teaching content
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.
- the page layout and the choice of illustrations and graphic design
- the presentation of the work and its author, placing it in its historical context and highlighting its originality.