At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
Understanding the basics of general chemistry, structure and properties of matter, chemical reactions and importance of chemistry in many areas.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The course is taught with the use of PowerPoint slides, available at Moodle. Exercises are provided to facilitate the understanding. The course will be illustrated with examples taken from everyday life in the living world and in industry.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.- The lab works give you a total of 5 points. These are made by half of the questions at the beginning of the laboratory works and the preparation to the Lab works and by another half by laboratory reports. In case the number of absences (justified or not) becomes significant, the professor has the right to use the article of RGEE allowing the jury to forbid the inscription to the exam.
- There is a written exam counting for 12 points. These are basically the exercises applied to the theoretical course. These exercises are of the same style as those made in exercise sessions during the year. Theoretical questions also make a part of the examination.
- The mid-term examination provides 3 points to the final examination score. The result of the mid-term examination is transferred to the June and August exam sessions but not to the next academic year.
2. Principes de chimie, Atkins, Jones, Laverman, de Boeck, 4eme édition, 2017.
- Slides présentés au cours (disponible en ligne sur moodle)
- Manuel de laboratoire et fascicule d'exercices (disponible en ligne sur moodle)
- Fascicule d'exercices (disponible en ligne sur moodle)
- Principes de chimie, une approche moléculaire, Nivaldo Tro, une adaptation de Eveline Clair, Julie Vézina, Pearson Education, 2015 (ISBN 978-2-7613-7248-0)