The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
a. Contribution of this activity to the learning outcomes referential :
b. Specific formulation of the learning outcomes for this activity
A the end of this activity, the student is able to :
· Name, describe and explain the theoretical concepts underlying the statistical inference approach and the theoretical models that are used in this framework;
· Connect the deductive approach of probability theory to the inductive approach of statistical inference by clearly identifying the probabilistic models that are subject to this inference;
· Translate mathematically textual statements if an inferential problem in statistics by using a rigorous mathematical and appropriate statistical models and by relying on appropriate theoretical tools and estimation methods;
· Solve an applied problem by using a sound approach that relies on a correct use of well identified models and relevant tools of the inferential statistical framework;
· Validate the internal consistency of the mathematical expressions and results based on data at hand and logical constraints that are induced by the statistical framework;
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Regular courses and supervised practical exercises
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Evaluation: Open book written examination (only with the original material). The examination is composed of exercises to be solved. Its duration is about 3 hours.