The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this training, the student will be trained to the various advanced SAS programming tools like SAS macros, SAS SQL and ETL Studio. He will be able to apply them on complex and multiple data bases.
- query and subset data
- summarize and present data
- combine tables, including complex joins and merges
- create and modify table views and indexes
- replace multiple DATA and PROC steps with one SQL query
- perform text substitution in SAS code
- automate and customize the production of SAS code
- conditionally or iteratively construct SAS code
- use macro variables and macro functions
- Identifying computer resources related to efficiency
- Introduction to SAS Viya
- Loading data in SAS Viya via SAS Studio programming interface
- Accessing the data in other tools: Visual Analytics (VA) and Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning (VDMML)
- Integration of Python and R in SAS Viya
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.This course is divided in 5 X 3 hours of lecture, 5 X 2 hours of exercise and 2 coaching sessions (full presentation and detailed correction of a case study).
A large part of the course is realized individually thanks to a syllabus, the SAS documentation and an E-learning modules delivered by SAS.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The exam of this course consist on an end-to-end real life case study where the student will have to apply the advance programming technics learned in this course. The case study will be described in English.
- Syllabus du cours en vente au début du cours. Accès à la documentation SAS.