This biannual learning unit is being organized in 2018-2019
The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of the course, the student :
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
1. The century of political instability (1808-1875).Goya and the War of Independence.
2. Spain and the Restoration (1875-1931). Sorolla and Zuloaga confronted by fin-de-siècle Spain. Luis Buñuel and Dalí on the threshold of the 1930s.
3. Crises of the 1930s. Culture and war: the Spanish pavilion at the Paris Exposition universelle
4. Francoist Spain (1939-1975). The painting of Antonio Saura. The cinema of Carlos Saura.
5. The transition to democracy. La Movida and its descendants.
6. The Spain of autonomous regions. Basque and Catalan cinema of the 21st century.