This biannual learning unit is being organized in 2018-2019
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of the course, the student will be able:
· to locate the chronology of the history of Christianity in the modern era;
· to identify the major issues of the religious history of the period;
· to know the main paradigms of interpretations;
· to initiate reflection on the importance of the doctrinal fact in religious history;
· to use the historian's work instruments profitably;
· to comment on a historical document on the history of modern Christianity.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
The sequence of knowledge implementation examines both the religious dynamics at local level in Belgium and the dynamics at work on a more general scale (churches and globalization). In these sessions, the work is mainly based on documentary studies.